Conducting the Board’s Executive and Fiduciary Business
This training, "Conducting the Board’s Executive and Fiduciary Business", provides the essential elements of creating a high performing board.
This 90 minute session focuses on how to get persons involved/participating in the success of your VSO. There is emphasis on board structure, outcomes, action and accountability within the context of applying a “planning model”. This workshop focuses on VSO with boards of directors. We will take into account that some VSOs have sophisticated boards, and some may not.
Objectives - We’ll have time to weave through and reflect upon ideas for various executive and board roles in your organization’s success. We will:
1. Review how “goal setting” encourages board and staff involvement and participation. (Topics: Roles of Board members, Committee members, Executive Director/staff.)
2. Examine how “objectives setting” by committees and programs encourages board, volunteer and staff involvement and participation. (Topics: Committees and Programs are the “doers” of the action toward success!)
3. Consider Strategic Alignment “building blocks” that encourage board and staff involvement and participation. (Topics: Planning, structure, action, and accountability.)
Homework: Prior to the workshop review the HANDOUT “Planning Model-Strategic-Operational-Organizational Structure.” (It’s boring but full of good stuff!)
Related VSO Training courses include: "Getting the Right People on Board" and "Building the Structure and Culture of the Board."
Audience: VSO executive directors, managers and supervisors plus board of director members and committee members.
- Board Composition
- Board Commitment
- Board Involvement and Support
- Board Development
- Agency Governance - Non-Profit
phone: OFC 717-258-3147 CELL 717 439-3687
Skip Brown is CONNECTSYNERGY’s owner and principal consultant. Skip provides results-based organizational development and training services. These include virtual workshops and long-term on site consulting tailored to your needs. Skip specializes in helping your organization work together. Skip’s passion is helping staff, the executive director, board, committees, and volunteers achieve the mission of the agency. Skip’s expertise helps your organization: (1) determine your priorities, (2) develop your best structure, (3) improve working relationships, and (4) apply effective ways to measure your organization’s success.
Skip Brown, M.A., ConnectSynergy
“Turning Problems into Solutions Together”
Organizational Planning...Organizational Training
Box 164, Boiling Springs, PA 17007
Office 717 258-3147 Cell 717 439-3687