Capacity Portal Training for New Directors
This webinar walks VSO directors through the PCCD Organizational Capacity website in a step-by-step easy-to-follow demonstration. VSO directors will learn to update and use their organizations' organizational, technological, and training needs assessment profiles; find pertinen tspecific trainings; systematically build an organizational training program, and download reports from the portal.
New agency directors should view this training to become familiar with the portal and its features. All agency directors should periodically review this training as part of regularly scheduled updates of their portal profiles.
- Board Composition
- Board Commitment
- Board Involvement and Support
- Management of Legal and Liability Matters
- Management Development/Succession Planning
- Board Development
- Operational Planning
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Partnership and Alliances - Development and Nurturing
- Monitoring of Landscape
- Advocacy and Public Policy
- Program Relevance and Integration - Growth and Replication
- New Program Development - Funding Model
- Agency Governance - System-Based
- Agency Governance - Non-Profit
- Goals, Mission, and Vision - Non-Profit
- Goals, Mission, and Vision - System-Based
- HR Management - General Staff Recruiting, Development, and Retention
Albert Davenport is a human resources writer and consultant specializing in disability rights, work-life balance, and discrimination issues. He holds a Masters of Public Administration from the Pennsylvania State University and a Masters of Arts in Nonfiction Writing from Johns Hopkins University. He has consulted for several agencies of Pennsylvania state government including the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime & Delinquency, the Departments of Transportation, Public Welfare, and Labor and Industry. He has authored numerous articles for national employment law publications and is currently co-authoring a labor and employment law textbook entitled Labor and Employment Law for the 21st Century for Pearson Prentice-Hall— publication date January 2013.