We've Got to Start Meeting Like This (with Workbook)
There are approximately 11 million meetings held every day in the United States, with about 50% of the time spent in meetings considered to be “wasted”. For the average professional that adds up to 4 days per month! Participants in this workshop will learn how a little planning and preparation can turn those “time-wasters” into productive management tools.
- Examine the different types of meetings and how different objectives affect how you prepare
- Understand the Cornerstones of Effective Meetings
- Learn how to prepare an agenda that increases productivity
- Examine basic meeting facilitation skills and how to identify when you need to bring in an outside facilitator
- Learn techniques to deal with meeting challenges such as late starts, run-overs, and distractions.
- Board Involvement and Support
- Management Development/Succession Planning
- Board Development
- Operational Planning
- Agency Governance - Non-Profit
- HR Management - General Staff Recruiting, Development, and Retention
phone: (717) 319-1184
John Rinehart has been involved in leadership development for almost two decades. He is a graduate of the Pennsylvania State University RULE Leadership Program, and served as Vice President of the program’s Advisory Board. John held the position of Executive Director of the Carlisle Pennsylvania based Leadership Cumberland program for seven years. He is a skilled group facilitator, team builder and public speaker, and has been contracted by many organizations to serve in these roles. John has also worked with organizations across Pennsylvania on visioning, strategic planning, and organizational development and was recently published in “In the Company of Leaders: 40 Top leadership experts provide proven guidance for your leadership journey.”
A 1999 graduate of Dickinson College with a Bachelor’s Degree in European History, John also is a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do. A proud father of three children, John and his wife Cheri live in Dillsburg, Pa with their youngest daughter Jonna.