The training will encompass the three-step facilitation process:
1. Initiation Phase – The tools and structures needed to form a working group before the core activity of idea generation and prioritization.
· Group introductions, warm-up/icebreaker.
· Using approved group discussion questions.
· Goal clarification.
· Group roles – timekeeper, scribe, etc.
· Establishing ground rules and group norms.
2. Conducting the Facilitation
· Process tools – Several idea-generating tool options and group dynamics targeted to specific outcomes will be demonstrated.
· Explanation of discussion monitoring – checking for purpose and process.
· Intervention tools for dealing with non-productive behaviors and encouraging positive group participation.
· Decision-making and idea prioritization – Two powerful but simple tools will be demonstrated. These tools will allow the groups to quickly and effectively prioritize their lists of potential ideas.
3. Ending the Facilitation – Confirming and recording the outputs.
· Summarizing results.
· Documenting the groups’ response to the question or challenge.
· Action plan for moving forward.
Participation is FREE, but advanced registration is required.
Organizations are encouraged to put together a small team made up the executive directors, staff and board members to benefit fully from the training.
Register by emailing your interest to email@example.com or contacting Mike Behney, at (717) 948-6174. Please indicate the following:
- The name of the session you would like to attend.
- How many participants you are registering for.
- Names and email addresses of all participants.