Coaching Employees and Volunteers for Successful Performance (part of the ma...
Contact Trainer to Schedule
This 4 hour training focuses on “Why do coaching?” and "How to do work performance coaching" for employees and volunteers. The discussion we will have about "why do coaching?" will include several points:
- To improve performance toward unit goals and organizational mission
- To help an employee/volunteer develop her/his strengths (using the concept "reinforcement").
- To help an employee/volunteer improve performance or correct a problem work-habit (using the concept "redirection").
1. Define and review coaching for supervisory leaders
2. Describe two coaching models: reinforcement and redirection coaching
3. Review and practice listening skills for effective coaching
4. Apply the coaching skills of reinforcement and redirecting
Coaching experts tell us that coaching is a supervisory tool for creating accountability and passion for service. Your challenge as an executive director, manager or supervisor or coordinator of employees and/or volunteers is to use a coaching model that improves performance and increases employee and volunteer buy-in towards achieving the agency's mission.
Suggested background reading includes
Stephen Covey, Principled Centered
Peter Senge’s Fifth Discipline Fieldbook
*This is one in a series of trainings on managing employee/volunteer performance. The suggested follow-up trainings are "Improving Work Habits" and "Supervisory Counseling Skills."
This workshop is for executive directors, office managers, and anyone who supervises employees, volunteers or committee members.
- Board Development
- HR Management - General Staff Recruiting, Development, and Retention
phone: OFC 717-258-3147 CELL 717 439-3687
Skip Brown is CONNECTSYNERGY’s owner and principal consultant. Skip provides results-based organizational development and training services. These include virtual workshops and long-term on site consulting tailored to your needs. Skip specializes in helping your organization work together. Skip’s passion is helping staff, the executive director, board, committees, and volunteers achieve the mission of the agency. Skip’s expertise helps your organization: (1) determine your priorities, (2) develop your best structure, (3) improve working relationships, and (4) apply effective ways to measure your organization’s success.
Skip Brown, M.A., ConnectSynergy
“Turning Problems into Solutions Together”
Organizational Planning...Organizational Training
Box 164, Boiling Springs, PA 17007
Office 717 258-3147 Cell 717 439-3687