Building Strategic Vision
Contact Trainer to Schedule
Laser-focused strategy depends on clarity of Core Values, Core Purpose and an Envisioned Future. Succussful organizations carefully develop these foundational elements that define the organization's norms of behavior, reason for being and strategic destination.
Managers attending this training will:
- Be able to describe the concepts of Core Values, Core Purpose and Envisioned Future.
- Understand the importance of these concepts as the foundation of strategic planning.
- Learn simple team-oriented methods for developing each concept for the organization.
- Apply the concepts in hands-on exercises to practice developing and articulating Core Values, Core Purpose and Envisioned Future for their organizations.
Training materials include the article, "Building Your Company's Vision," James Collins and Jerry Porras, 1996, Harvard Business Review and Powerpoint materials including examples of applications to non-profit and government organizations.
As an intermediate training module following introductory training to the overall strategic planning process.
- Management Development/Succession Planning
- Board Development
- Goals, Mission, and Vision - Non-Profit
- Goals, Mission, and Vision - System-Based
New Level Advisors, LLC
Richard Randall is president of New Level Advisors, LLC, a management consulting firm focused on strategic planning and execution, operational excellence, change management, leadership and team development. Prior to co-founding New Level Advisors in 2006, Richard held a variety of management and executive positions at ITT Corporation, from Director of Engineering to Vice-President and General Manager of a global manufacturing business with plants across the US and Europe. Richard is a graduate of Penn State University and the ITT Strategic Management Program, administered by Ashridge Business School (UK) and The Duke University Fuqua School of Business. In 2012 he recieved his Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification from Acuity Institute. Richard's leadership and strategy column, The Whiteboard, appears biweekly in the Central Penn Business Journal. He serves on the boards of the Rose Corporation of Reading, the Penn State Alumni Association, the Susan Byrnes Health Education Center and Olivia's House, a grief counseling center for children and families. He is a member of the Penn State York Engineering and Industry Advisory Council, York County Economic Alliance, Cultural Alliance of York and Downtown York, Inc.